General Body is hiring! Please see information below about available positions.
Lead Project Engineer
POSITION: Lead Project Engineer
Number of Openings
- Performing engineering assignments involving specification, design, manufacturing, prototyping, testing and revisions.
- Design and develop equipment with costs and part availability in mind.
- Optimize new product designs & specifications through development of engineering drawings to meet regulatory and schedule requirements.
- Management and development of standards for CAD data system.
- Create 3D models, detail drawings, General Arrangements, schematics, diagrams and illustrative renderings for production and marketing.
- Responsible for 3D design of structure, interior and exterior design and electrical routing of custom built trailers, multi patient vehicles (multi causality vehicle), mobile command vehicles,
- quick brush fire rescue units, high water rescue units and other custom projects.
- Structural analysis of each unit using FEA software
- Weight distribution and power load calculations for each custom built unit.
- Developing load test and performance test methods for each custom built unit and testing final products.
- Train and supervise drafters.
- Check and approve production drawings created by drafters.
- Work and interact with First responder division and Fire departments, Police departments, County and municipalities, Emergency task force departments to understand their needs and
- develop custom mobile units for them.
- Research materials applications and compatibilities.
- Assist in the management of engineering processes, maintain project schedules and, organize the product layout and Bills of Materials structures.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering; Will accept foreign degrees certified equivalent to US B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. 48 Month’s experience as a Design Engineer or Project Engineer.
4 years industrial experience: CAD software including Solid Works, AutoCAD, and ANSYS Workbench (FEA).
Experience designing parts for the following manufacturing processes: Sheet metal; General machining; Welded frames
General Truck Body
C/O James Braden
6901 Avenue V
Houston, TX 77011